Hotter as a Faun.

Initially, Hotter as a Faun began as a post on the imdb.com message boards about James McAvoy's hot turn as Mr. Tumnus, but now, it has become more of a way of life. Yes, we here at Hotter as a Faun believe that every element of pop culture has the opportunity to be hotter. That's why we're dedicated to bringing you the best in our opinions on movies, tv, music, books, celebrities, and what our roommates wear. Because if you had the chance to be hotter as a faun, wouldn't you?

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Alisa Gets REAL

Guys. I have something that's going to be hard for me to admit. But you know what they say, just let it all out...

I'm a little bit in love with "Dancing with the Stars."

That's right, I'm reviving the blog after a nearly year-long hiatus (year-bernation!) to gush about my foray into Basic Cable Land.

It's been a busy year for Hotter as a Faun's Alisa. I moved -but more importantly- down-graded my cable package. This has made me entertain weekly network lineups... an entertainment that was previously reserved solely for TGIF and One Saturday Morning. Dang, it's been a long time since I've watched network TV....

I think it began when my dude roommate (man-mate!) and I attempted to make stir-fry with un-thawed chicken and fish sauce and watch the Emmys. That was when I first suspected that I was a senior citizen.

Then, I came across DWTS (that's right, we're on an acronym-name-basis now) one week, and was all, "Ooh! I kind of tolerate this show!"

THEN, a week passed, and I found myself in the same place, same time, same channel, same thought process.

And NOW, I have accepted it. I'm a "Dancing with the Stars" fan. Like, I really felt for Misty May-Treanor when she hurt herself and had to bow out of the competition. I'll say it -- I got downright MISTY about it. You could tell she truly enjoyed being on the show -- perhaps it was all the publicity, but I like to think it was genuinely part of being something larger, fun, and challenging -- and that she was trying not to cry as she bid her adieus.

And this leads me to my next point. God bless reality shows that actually, like, rely on talent. This is why me and the rest of the world are obsessed with "Project Runway." Both of these shows are the perfect combination of individual talent, catty one-liners, and producer-enforced BS. It's kind of like watching the Olympics; after watching a little bit of the performances and hearing the judges, you think to yourself, "Yeah! I AM an authority on ballroom dancing!" And that's kind of cool to me. Ballroom dancing. Hoo-ah!

Also, host Tom Bergeron is kind of a dick. Listen to his adlibs under his breath. They're fantastic. Just the right amount of wit and smarm. He totally should have won the Emmy this year. Eff you, Probst! And I know this... because I actually watched them this year. FULL CIRCLE.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

alisa. you posted. thank god.

they have dancing with the stars here, except it's called "mira quien baila". my senora loves it. and the matadors normally win.

October 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home