Hotter as a Faun.

Initially, Hotter as a Faun began as a post on the imdb.com message boards about James McAvoy's hot turn as Mr. Tumnus, but now, it has become more of a way of life. Yes, we here at Hotter as a Faun believe that every element of pop culture has the opportunity to be hotter. That's why we're dedicated to bringing you the best in our opinions on movies, tv, music, books, celebrities, and what our roommates wear. Because if you had the chance to be hotter as a faun, wouldn't you?

Sunday, August 19, 2007

What time is it? SUMMER TIME!



If you did not watch High School Musical 2 on Friday, apparently you were the only one. The made for TV movie boasted the highest rating for a cable program.... EVER. ever, guys.

I loved it, as we all knew I would. I was most impressed with little Lucas Grabeel, aka the gay one who wears a lot of loud hats. I kinda of fell in love with him. You know, just a little.

However, I am upset about how this movie and other things, Saved by the Bell for example, glorify working at a country club. I spent the worst summer of my life held up at Luxurious Elmcrest Country Club, and believe me, there was little to dance and sing about.

The pool at my country club did not look like this. It was much squarer. Also, everyone who went there was a mom or a small child. The high schoolers spent most of their time at Lindale Mall.

There was also no playboy-esque grotto, where I'm pretty sure Troy and Gabriella did it. Seriously, they are trying to play up this whole "they never kiss till the end" thing, but you know if Gabi didn't put out Troy would be all up in slutty Sharpay in like two seconds.

Other non realistic things? A talent show. Elmcrest members didn't like to do anything that detracted from their drinking, so a talent show would probably be unnecessary. And they sure as heck didn't respect the staff enough to sit through a performance arranged by them.

And my final qualm, the depiction of the employee pool party. I remember the glorious employee pool party promised to us by the managers. It became 4 people swimming and lots of cold hot dogs. I kind of only went for the satisfaction of finally swimming in the pool that I had spent 7 hours a day circling with trays full of food.

But perhaps if Lucas had popped up at Elmcrest in an adorable hat, I would have had a magical summer of Disney Channel escapades.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

Brava, Beej! Now you know why Lucas is my fave.

August 21, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home