Hotter as a Faun.

Initially, Hotter as a Faun began as a post on the imdb.com message boards about James McAvoy's hot turn as Mr. Tumnus, but now, it has become more of a way of life. Yes, we here at Hotter as a Faun believe that every element of pop culture has the opportunity to be hotter. That's why we're dedicated to bringing you the best in our opinions on movies, tv, music, books, celebrities, and what our roommates wear. Because if you had the chance to be hotter as a faun, wouldn't you?

Saturday, July 21, 2007

TRANSFORMERS!

Things that would have made Transformers better:

1. If I were a fourteen-year-old boy.

2. Being an hour shorter. In other words, cutting the climax in half.

3. More scantily clad men*.

4. Chris Tucker in a funny wig.


Ok, but I did enjoy this movie. Granted, I fell asleep for a bit in the middle, only to awaken to John Turturro on the screen and thinking I must have still be dreaming. But Shia was great, the Transformers were pretty cool, and nerdy as this is to say, the sound was great. Not like when you're watching the Academy Awards and a movie picks up it's award for best sound and you muse to yourself Huh, Gladiator did have pretty good sound, but like, every screech and zoom the Transformers made was exciting.
Alright, let me de-nerd myself for a second. Raul Julia. Much better, right?



I must say, I was thoroughly touched by Optimus Prime's speech about the human race being such a young race. A reminder that we think we're so civilized right now... it was only a mere several centuries ago that people were pooping on the street. WHILE having conversations with other people. I think I read that in one of those Dr. John's bathroom readers. Figures. But, this movie did pack some nice political commentary about international warfare... or something... I was more interested in what hilariously appropriate songs the Camarro's radio would play.



*Autobots included.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanna said...

Um, you went to see Transformers? I'll try not to judge you. But I do like me some Shia.

July 23, 2007 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger BK said...

Where's my Jewel Staite? If you want, I would probably be willing to write a guest column.

July 25, 2007 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home