Hotter as a Faun.

Initially, Hotter as a Faun began as a post on the imdb.com message boards about James McAvoy's hot turn as Mr. Tumnus, but now, it has become more of a way of life. Yes, we here at Hotter as a Faun believe that every element of pop culture has the opportunity to be hotter. That's why we're dedicated to bringing you the best in our opinions on movies, tv, music, books, celebrities, and what our roommates wear. Because if you had the chance to be hotter as a faun, wouldn't you?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In an ironic twist, drinking while watching this show is probably its only saving grace.

How do we feel about ABC Family's latest effort GrΣΣk? Aside from highly appropriate and hilarious usages of sigmas. I must admit, I was seven shades of stoked when I saw ABC Family was filling the void of taking Everwood out of syndication with a college-themed drama that attempts comedy, yet the Greek pilot was pretty tame despite thinking it was tackling the untouched taboo subject of underage drinking (complete with "please drink responsibly" disclaimer). I'm more interested, big shocker, in the comfortaby gay black subcharacter doing it with boys and having to sneak out of their bedroom windows while the pretty girl has the walk of shame complete with applause from the frat boys.*

Anyways, I will continue to entertain this show wΣΣk by wΣΣk, but for it to really grow on me it needs to cover new ground. I mean, I love me a good college show --I for one watched Felicity her whole four years-- and Undeclared is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen on TV, but these shows rely less on college archetypes from the '50s and more on the weird little things that we all know and love about college. Like dressing up as a girl during rush. I've never seen that on TV!!!!!!1!!11!!

*A scene duplicated in the pinnacle of modern cinema Sorority Boys.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home